Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a credit card, how do I make a purchase online?
- Shopify accepts all major credit cards, as well as Visa Debit. We are unable to accept cash or debit in-store for items that are available on the website.
- All orders are local pick-up due to the cost and logistics of shipping.
- You will receive a ‘Ready for Pick-up’ email or text message notification.
- Try searching ‘Habitat for Humanity’ in your email search bar. This is especially important for Gmail account users!
- Calgary orders will be available at our Deerfoot Meadows location: 7291 11St SE
- Medicine Hat orders will be available at our Medicine Hat location: 509 17St SW
- The 2-day pick-up time starts from when you receive your ‘Ready for Pick-up’ notification, not from the date of purchase. If you are unable to pick-up within 2 days of receiving the ‘Ready for Pick-up’ notification, the item may be placed on the sales floor and your order will be considered a donation to Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta.
- Our eStore warehouse is located in Calgary and orders are collected once a week for shipping to Medicine Hat. A typical order can take up 7 days, depending on the day of the week that an order is placed. For larger items (like a couch), it may take 2-4 weeks due to the size and space availability on the truck.
- For safety reasons, we cannot have customers in the warehouse space. If you would like more information about a product, please reach out to our team on social media.
- Our eStore operates as its own storefront. With thousands of items available in each of our brick and mortar stores, it would be much too large of an undertaking for our small team to photograph and upload to our website. It also allows us to offer a more ‘boutique’ experience when shopping online!
- We are able to offer a slightly different product mix online than what you would find in our brick & mortar stores. Items like board games, clothing and baby accessories are easier for us to manage and house in the eStore warehouse space than they would be on the sales floor. It also helps us limit the number of people touching items, which keeps them clean and in new condition!
- No! We sell gently-used and brand new items. Be sure to check the item description for the condition of each item.
- We do not offer refunds. An in-store exchange can be provided within 5 days of picking your item up. Proof of purchase will be required (confirmation email or ‘Ready for Pick-up’ notification will be accepted). If you are unable to find anything in the store to exchange for, a gift card for the purchase value will be provided.
- Shopify (our web host) takes a percentage of all monetary exchanges (purchases and refunds). By limiting our return policy to exchange only, we are able to provide more money back to Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta while also offering an alternative when you don’t love what you purchased.